OBJECTIVES: To observe, learn and apply environmental education techniques.
Participate in various aspects of nature center operations.
TIME PERIOD: 10 to 12 weeks, 30-40 hours per week – $10 per hour
Spring: Mid March to early June
Summer: Mid June to late August
Fall: Mid September to early December
1. Observe then teach programs for students pre-school through middle school.
2. Observe and team-teach a family program.
3. Complete and present a project (such as a new display, or designing and presenting an innovative program).
4. Write a newsletter article on a natural history topic.
5. Attend at least one Friends of Peace Valley Nature Center board meeting.
6. Keep a daily log of events and reactions.
7. Attend staff meetings.
8. Assist Environmental Education staff as needed.
9. Assist with miscellaneous nature center responsibilities.
Click [HERE] to download a printer-friendly MS Word Internship Application. Fill out the application and send to:
Gail Hill, Director Naturalist
PEACE VALLEY NATURE CENTER
170 N. Chapman Road, Doylestown, PA 18901
Tel: 215.345.7860 Fax: 215.345.4529 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org